Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The 23rd Channel



The TV is my shepherd; I shall not want.

It makes me lie down on the sofa.

It heads me away from my faith.

It destroys my soul.

It leads me in the path of sex and violence

for the sponsor's sake.


Yea, though I walk in the shadow of Christian responsibilities,

there will be no interruption,

for TV is with me.

Its cable and remote, they comfort me.

It prepares a commercial for me

in the presence of my worldliness.

It anoints my head with humanism and consumerism,

my coveting runs over.


Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me

all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house watching TV forever.


(from a church bulletin, July 20, 1986
author unknown)



1 comment:

  1. We had a different take on the 23rd Psalm today. Somewhere I think we reversed roles. I was sitting in my hammock swing on the patio, looking down the garden to the trees and shrubbery that fills that end of the yard, overflowing from next door. I was thinking: this is my 'green pastures'. You know how much I love my patio.

    ReplyDelete

We are all entitled to our own opinions -- and that's the beauty of a blog! So if I post something you don't agree with, that's ok...you can just move on.

But, if you decide to comment, please be polite - and I will respond accordingly.